Wow! In mid-December, I was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
What is the Dragon’s Loyalty Award?
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is a combination of the Versatile Blogger Award and the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, so I must be doing something right!
This award was given to me by Cristin from Cristin’s Adventures. Thank you so much Cristin.
I am very grateful for being so honoured! Cristin is a fellow blogger that I recently made friends with in the blogging world. She’s a lovely girl and a fellow member of the teaching profession. She is presently in Thailand and having adventures that you wouldn’t believe. Explore the rest of her blog to see for yourself!
Quite a few bloggers that I know happen to be fellow academics. I wonder why? But I digress. I hadn’t previously been able to write about the award as the holiday festivities, viral post and Berlin fashion week were deemed a bit more appropriate at the time!
The rules are:
- Display the award certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present the award to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 Interesting Things About Me:
- I don’t like coffee. It’s awful for me ‘cos I live in Continental Europe and that’s what you get. With everything!
- I like bright colours. I mean, I really like bright colours and have been known to wear a sharp red suit to the office, coupled with Dior red lipstick and heels.
- I buy my T-shirts from the children’s section at H&M as the colours and motifs are rather more interesting than in the women’s section!
- I am a bookworm. I like reading. I also have the same publications in book form, on my kindle, on my iphone and on my laptop – just in case!
- I spent over eight years playing the clarinet.
- I got the spirit of travelling from my mother who was the ultimate globetrotter, back in the day.
- Even though I look like a young girl in pigtails. I’m not really!
O.K. Enough about me. As per the rules, I have to nominate 15 other bloggers so I nominate the lovely people below:
- Ashley Abroad: She’s a young lady who has lived in France as an expat and has been travelling around. I like her because of her honesty and the fact that she tells it as it is and discusses her likes and dislikes!
- Caroline in the city: Another young lady living her dream. I like her because she shares information about how to be a better writer or even getting a freelance gig both paid and unpaid. I haven’t applied for any myself yet as I feel that I ought to submit my Masters’ assignment in first, and then spread my wings a little!
- Fener does Thailand….and other adventures: They are a young couple who are presently travelling around Thailand. Every time I see their posts my mouth begins to water ‘cos they have gorgeous pictures that are most vivid.
- Fevered mutterings: He’s a fellow Brit and a guy that has been on the blogging scene for a while. I like his blog ‘cos of the way he writes. He’s a real storyteller and a mad guy who camps in the cliffside hills of Yorkshire. In the wind and rain. Alone. He also offers free writing workshops if you’re interested.
- Flights and Frustration: Another British blogger albeit a globetrotter. I found him to be really friendly and with subjects that frustrate him and thus need to be discussed. Lots of excellent whining!
- Forks and Footprints: Another young lady who is living in Thailand at the moment. I originally found her ‘cos she wrote a lovely piece about Thai food. Yum! She also concentrates on having allergies and how to overcome that in Asia. Not easy by any feat, as the local people don’t really understand when you have to say “No.”
- Girl gone travel: An excellent blog from a lady who is respected as an experienced blogger who is a member of various travels organisations and has become a speaker. She was also one of the girls who ran with bulls in Pamplona. Very brave! I like her because she writes about both family and solo travel.
- Go home and away: Anna is a double expat based in Moscow. She’s very American. Very Russian. And very funny!
- Madman knitting: He’s a 30-something American man who knits teddy bears. He’s a nice bloke and last year he wrote a post about police officers accosting him at Starbucks ‘cos he was knitting. That post went vial and happily, all went well with the boys in blue!
- Snarky Nomad: Another young American bloke who specialises in writing about Taiwan and also about camping gear! I like his style as he’s able to talk about technical stuff in a clear and practical way.
- That Gay Backpacker: A British bloke who writes about his travels, and his trials and tribulations in the gay world. I like reading about his hedonistic lifestyle and he’s a good writer with a very British sense of humour. He’s currently living in Mexico.
- The Regular Guy NY: This guy is a scream! He runs, he does bootcamp-like activities, campaigns for charities, eats a lot and drinks a lot, and isn’t afraid to let you know all about it! To cap it all, he lives in New York.
- TheJetSetFamily: A blog and magazine about the luxury and lifestyle glamour of a family, for families. This family is based in Manhattan. A great read with generous gifts and giveaways!
- Wandering Earl: Earl is a veteran in the blogging world and also a star. He’s highly respected, liked and loved. He’s very generous with his time and replies to each and every comment. He probably doesn’t need to be on this list but for readers who don’t know him: check him out. He’s great!
- World travel family: A Welsh/Australian family who home-school their two little boys and travel the world using their feet, a bus or a train. If they can travel and live an interesting life, so can you!
Thanks so much to all the people who have visited my blog and or made comments. I am astounded by the support, kindness and advice that I have received since I started this blog just three months ago!
I really appreciate it and look forward to seeing more of you on my blog and elsewhere in the blogging world with your Clicks! Comments! Shares! and Likes!
Enjoy these blogs and I’ll see you next week with posts from London, England.
Watch this space.
What are your badges of honour? Have you been a party to nominating someone or receiving a nomination?
Have your say!
If you like this article, share it!